The maritime world has many sides. To keep control of the businesses, it is efficient to develop solutions for each specific industry, which cover all different aspects of the industry involved. You will probably admit that it is profitable, from an operational perspective, to integrate all your processes in one single system. And as a liner operator, you will encounter other challenges than a port authority or a stevedore.
At Ultimate Software, we built our solution from your perspective as a liner.
As a liner operator, you run up against all kind of processes. In an international setting, you get bookings for transport from A to B for a specific cargo. You need to arrange specific types of containers and the right documentation. You need to comply with customs regulations. And what about your empty containers? Is it more profitable to reposition them and temporarily have a lower capacity or store them and lease new containers?
- You lack the insight to decide which cargo to prefer in order to load in the most profitable manner?
- It is not possible to properly check the correctness of the settlement with agents due to a backlog in the management of your manifest?
- You lack the insights to consider empty container repositioning?
- You are unable to properly report what is earned with a specific vessel or type of cargo?
- You want to prognosticate your revenues based on your volumes per port call?
Although your challenges are quite specific for your business, extensive knowledge of the entire maritime world certainly helps to get the right solution for your industry. Both your primary and secondary processes are covered by our solution: your voyage operations, route planning, port calls, (un)loading freight, fuelling, equipment control (leasing, storage, empty repositioning), pre-carriage and on-carriage, arranging the corresponding documentation, the booking process and all financial administration involved.
Do you want to know how Ultimate Software built ERP solutions for each specific industry in the maritime sector? Click here.